Friday, September 14, 2007

4th post i think

OK here goes another few ringit.

I have a precious 3 hour break now since my classmates are having agama classes, and it so Hapenned that I;m the only non Moslem in class so I dont have to go, and I have 2 hours lunch today, and I don't have to que up for the computer.

Wohoo.

Shit wei I haven't got a good sleep for almost a week, and I feel like one of those zombie housemen in the hospitals. Seriously. I used to be one of those guys who would always sleep damn freaking early or something, but these days the work really catches up to you and the earliest I slept for this week was at 11.59.

What's worse is that one of my roomies left, and now there's an empty bed right? But guess what my other roomate brought his friend from dunno where, who sisn't even bother to ask permission or even introduce himself for that matter, and now I have an illegal roomate, who comes into the room in the dead of the night, makes a hell not of noise and laughs like a setan, and then sneaks away first thing in the morning. I mean, fine if you really want to sleep in my room, but at least have the courtesy to let the other roomtates know, and please don't laugh and yell in the dead of the night.

Did you know that because of that fucker, I woke up at 1 am, walked to my table, took my earplugs, and I had to stuff the sides of my head with 4 cubic cm of synthetic foam. And on top of that I even had to cover my head with the blanket, and I could still hear them telling stupid jokes of how some guy shitted in the toilet.

And if that didn't scare you, there was this Cina guy who celebrated his birthday by getting waterballooned, and as usual, the screaming continued until midnight, where they started singing

"zhu ni shen ri kuai le....."

Balls to them lah! Think I no need to sleep is it?

If you know my parents they know that the thing I hate the most in this world is to be woken from my sleep when I don't want to be. And next time someone tell me where to get good earplugs.

And to Muhammad Aizat, the roomate who left for Maktab Perguruan, damn you for not breaking the bed in half before you left. Damn wei. Then at least that immigrant guy can sleep on the floor.

Ok enough of yesterday. Lets talk about what I did for the freaking rest of the one and a half weeks. Bloody hell the water supply got screwed since Saturday cause of a leak and that day, I remember I was all hot and sweaty from playing tennis, I walked straight to the shower, twisted the tap, and out came one miserable drop of H2O. What a shame.

No problem, I told myself. I've been through worse. So I went down to the 3rd floor. No water as well. In fact there wasn't a single drop available until the 1st floor. Ok fine.

But then, only 4 of the sinks were working, and all of them were on the balcony, in that place where you wash clothes. Ok fine.

Then I turned the tap and out came a few drops. Ok fine.

Then I scubbed myself with soap and shampoo. Ok fine.

Now I look like Santa Claus. Ok fine

After 5 minutes there were 4 Santas, all half naked unlike the usual red coat and thick jacket. No reindeer either. Ok fine.

I'm taking part in communal bathing. Ok fine.

Then I had to rinse myself with whatever water I had in my miserable cedok (scoop) And then I went back to my room, terribly unsatisfied with me sweaty self. Ok fine. At least the water was cold.

And on the way back up only I realised how lucky I was. I saw 3 guys sitting down near the garage for the colleg bus bathing with a freaking garden hose, hosing themsleves like cars.

And I even saw this guy bathing with the hose that you usually wash you butt with. You know, the one next to the toilet bowl?

Then on Monday morning, I woke up. But instead of the usual alarm clock that went beep beep, I got the yelling of some guy going something like "OI TAKDE AIR!!! MANDI KAT MASJID WEI !!!"

After that stupid immigrant sneaked out I grabbed my BIG pail this time, walked all the way down, and guess what?

Some of the Malays went to the masjid to shower. The more patient (and smarter) boys went to the other dorm. So now its left with the stupid people like me, who were too grogy sue to the lack of sleep to make a proper decision.

There were 2 water taps near the block. On one tap, my warden, Ayah_Aji, was using his huge basin to fill water for whatever reason. And on the other tap, I saw the Kelantan boys who I played volleyball with just 2 weeks ago. In fact half the volleyball team was there, taking their bath by the roadside. What a sight to behold.

That was the turning point of my decision. At first I thought, well, its not that bad to take a bath in the open air, since the water is fresher and all, but when I saw those guys enjoying themselves and laughing I thought, well...... maybe not.

So I filled my pail and carried it back up. To bathe in relative privacy of course.

Ugh... how disgusting. It seems to be OK now, but I'm not taking any chances.

And during my usual public speaking sessions, where, as you know, I've become the speech writer due to racial quotas, I got the shock of my life when the guy I was writing my speech for, said that his parents would arrange his marriage after his education.

I don't know how the hell our conversation topic lead there, but it just came out of his mouth that God will choose a good wife for you since he believes in Qadaq and Qadhar, if I even spelled it right.

OMG. And his dad has a phD in engineering and his mom is a medical doctor. What's wrong with these people?

And so I found my new speech topic.

It's called freedom to choose your future life partner.

And I Goddamn hope they won't put me in ISA for that.

Well now, any good news from Johor?

Not much actually.

Save the fact that I learnt that something's wrong with my ironing technique, that I know how to 'ba' (reserve) the laundry hanging place by hanging my underwear and socks neatly on the clothesline, occupying as much one dimensional space as possible, ad hanging your shirts in between your underwear so that no one can push your shirts together, causing them to dry unevenlly and smell like fish heads.

And I also improved my tennis to some extent. Yay. I'm sure Waikin can tell you a bit more since he was the first victim of my newly accuired skills. Haha.

Time for more news and news. Mid sem exams are coming in 2 weeks, Moral project due in 2 months, brain is overheating very very soon. Need to go home.

BTW I hope I can get back next week on the 13th cause I already have a ticket. Just hope the bus doesn't crash or something.

Haih..... still have 10 more minutes.

Now wait lemme think.

Ah yes I had very good durians from Sagil cause there was this teacher selling durians near the dorm by the roadside.

And I still hate those shits who smoke in the toilets. Bloody hell mother never teach. Go smoke in your own house or something. Its damn distracting when you're shitting and you look at the opposite cubicle and there's all this smoke forming beautiful clouds above the cubicle. Too bad it wasn't a freakin nuclear bomb mushroom cloud. Then at least the guy would die from gamma ray burns.

Oh god I'm getting more sadistic by the day. Haven't had my fair share of Hollywood and etertainment. Well at least I managed to sneak a radio into my room. Then at least I can tell the weather tommorrow.

Well I guess the best thing I learnt so far, apart from doing my laundry, is how to be gratefull for small things.

To be honest, I have never tasted better oranges and apples before, especially when you cut them yourself, even though I have to eat above a rubbish bin. (My cutting skills aren't that good, and there's no such thing as an orange without juice you know)

Ok Ok my time is about used up. Time to go for lunch, and hope the flies don't eat it before I do.

P.S Did you know that after Melaka, this place has the 2nd most flies in Malaysia?

Ciao

-Pau-

No comments: