Friday, September 14, 2007

Second post

Finally! I got access to the stupid computers in the college. Its always full for some reason and still you have to pay for it.

Now time for an update of the guy who washes his feet in the sink. Guess what? The same guy is now squatting ON the sink and spitting inside.

And guess what? I did my own laundry and ironed my shirts and pants WITHOUT burning anything. Whoohooo.Although it took a total of 3 hours ++, its still an achievement for a guy who has had a maid for as long as he lived. Thank God for washing machines. BTW I'm still having trouble getting used to the poeple and culture here. Its totally different cause what you see is the raw version of the Malays, 100% organic with no additives, no alcohol, no big Mercedes Benz. Most of the time you just walk around and feel that everyone is your enemy. Its quite crazy sometimes, cause they all talk damn childish and you feel like as if Einstien's theory of Special Relativity applied especially on them. Yes I admit it. I've been reading up some physics even though I'm not taking it. Well it's just for general knowledge. Doesn't it sound cool when you walk into Bio class and tell everone that time moves slower when your velocity increases?

Btw talking about time moving slowly, imagine a group of 18 year old watching power rangers on the communal TV. d(0_o)b

Time seems to pass very very slowly for these guys. Even though I think that time passes slowly for me as well, because I still have 44 weeks more to go. Then after that, it's the North South highway for me, and out of this racist rehab centre.

Speaking of racism, I've had enough of it. Right now I'm at the brink of getting kicked out of the public speaking team because I didn't know that one of the 2 speakers must be Malay.

According to the rules, each colleg sends 2 speakers, one girl, one boy. 1 out of them must be Malay. The problem is that there's only 1 girl in the entire college that can speak, and the teachers think that the girl has a better chance since the girls from other colleges will also do badly. So then they plan to sacrifice me as a kambing korban so that the girl can win(IF she can), and replace me with a guy that couldn't make a 1 minute talk about 'Patience is a virtue' . This is really pissing off. So now I have 2 choices. 1: make the Malay guy break his head, or make the Indian girl break her head or 2:Beat everyone else head on, and make the teacher sacrifice the Indian girl instead. Or maybe I could just bribe all the judges and teachers. Oooh I really wish I could.

Now then, moving on I've noticed that life is getting whackier every minute. But then, situtations like these build character, and also experience. That's why no matter how screwed up the place gets, I'm not going to quit. Just like going for housemanship. Just to share my experience, I've noticed that we've all been fooled back there in Hartamas. Back then I thought that Malaysia was a free country, with religious freedom, lots of liberal open-minded people with differing opinions on situations, people who could make their own decisions, people who could actually think on their own. Here, its like everyone was born in a photocopy machine. All the ideas, thinking ability, and personalities are so similar. Not to mention dressing.

And thats just the mental part. On the spiritual scale these guys are close to fanatical. They pray 5 times a day, plus once before they sleep, once before class, and once before eating. And they actually study in the mosque at midnight. Some of the peoplewho tries out for public speaking actually said that the whole world is Muslim when in reality only about 1 billion are. So much for seperation between religion and science, so much for secularism, so much for moderate Islamic country.

Sometimes I pity these people, why don't they actually try to get out of the little well that surrounds their little brains. But then I realised how lucky I was, and how much my parents tried to teach me how to fly out of the well, or if thats not possible, get a freaking jackhammer and smash that wall. Now I realised how horribly protected I was was the real Malaysia, the real Malays, and everything I saw in them was even worse that what I could ever imagine before this.

Now I realise no amount of special rights will save them. From the way it seems, a lot more than that is needed. So far the only short term way is to repace their brains with chimpanzee brains, but I believe in long term solutions for long term problems, otherwise chimps would go extinct.

Now only I realise the true meaning of racism. Thats why I said this is a bit like a racist rehab. But that doesn't mean I'll be lass critical next time around. Just that I have evidence to base my comments on.

Btw, there goes my RM2.20, and see you next time I find the comp. I should be coming back this weekend Insya Allah. Signing off

Ciao

Pau

No comments: