Friday, September 14, 2007

Yay I'm blogging from home

Whoa its so cool!!!

I have a brand new computer at home, and best of all I don't have to pay the ridiculous RM2.20 per hour! Wohoo.

Yes time for some upadates on the matrik college.

Guess what? I really got kicked out of the public speaking team cause of a Malay guy.

You see, here's the rules. Each college sends 2 people, a boy and a girl. But one of them has to be a bumiputera. In the whole college of 2400++ people, only 3 people can speak in public, namely 2 Chinese boys( me and another guy) and one Indian girl.

But the thing is that the teachers think that the Indian girl has a higher chance of winning, even though she's slightly 'not as good as me', because the competition in the girls category is lense intense. No offence to all the girls reading this, but thats exactly what the teacher said. That means if the Indian girl is in, guess who got kicked out?

Me and the other Chinese dude of course. So now I'm relegated to becoming a speach writer to a guy who is not as good as me, who is not as dedicated, but a guy who happens to have the right skin colour at the right time. So much for racial integration and such. But its the rules right?

Speaking of racial integration, I noticed that all the people in the college are not racially integrated. Not like back in school when all the people of different races would sit together, and the fact that there are more multi racial couples than Chinese-Chinese or Malay-Malay couples.

Here all the kids sit around according to race, and for the Malays, they sit around according to state. Like I noticed the volleyball court is always full of Kelantanese guys, all speaking their characteristic Kelantanese dialect, but surprisingly they were quite friendly toward newbies like me. At least they behave better on the court than in the toilets.

Speaking of toilets, I have no updates on the foot-washing guy in the sink. Have not seen him yet. Hey! I wash my fruits, cups, and toothbrush in that same sink and there he goes, selamba only go wash feet.

I have to get ideas for my speach damn it. the theme is: Defining Independance. How the hell do you want me to define that?

If any speech is to be given the only thing I can think about is mostly about racism, because I'm writing a speech for the guy who robbed my ego and glamour. Not to mention precious co-curicullum points crucial for university admission.

Oh sigh. I'll beheading back to the dratted college in another 12 hours or so. The good news is that iI'll only be there for another 43 weeks. And that I'll learn to be more independant when I get out of there.

Best of all I'll learn how to cope with difficult situations in life right?

Thats why I won't quit even if the place is next to hell.

How that for a positive ending?

Btw, going sleep soon

Till next time.

Ciao

-Pau-

No comments: