Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hello and welcome back. My last post was too short as I thought there was a counselling session, BUT the session was actually today at 12. Imagine the embarrassment of walking in and apologising that you are late when you are actually 1 week early?

Anyway the gay guy is still trying to chase me, although sometimes I get a lucky break when my other friends kena disturb instead. And it seems that not many people like him anyway.

And I just found out that dota is bad for your health and studies, and now half the dota team has formed an Anti Dota club that pledges not to play dota till the next sem. So that's at least some kind of peer support group for an extremely addictive computer game.

And I started hanging out with the cina chinese (not the kedah gang). But these cina's are damn cool as their math is damn good, which just so happen to be my weakest subject. And they always study in the reading room which is JUST 4 floors downstairs instead of the library, which is 4 floors and 100meters away. And I am allowed to put my feet on the chair and makan curi curi in the reading room. Just that it can get a bit dangerous as some mosquitoes are playing about there and dengue is still hanging around this place.

In fact at one point the dengue was so bad that 1 person got infected every week for 3 weeks straight. But it should be ok now as no one got infected this week.

And now here come the big story. The mooncake festival!!!

Well you know what always happens for traditional chinese where they would first chant for an hour, then they will place an altar facing the moon and put their pomelos and joss sticks there. So well, the procession went normally but as we were walking around with the tanglungs we kena kacau by pak guard a bit but we all just play dumb, as there were 200 of us chinese (the whole college) and around 7 guards.

So we all adjourned to the ex-warden's house, (he hasn't moved out yet) and ate mooncakes, pomeloes and those ling jiao, and also yam. And then he started telling more stories of how the buddhist club was having an activity where they had this bamboo dance, you know like the kadazan people do?

And then those malays upstairs saw it and couldn't sleep because they thought it was an exorcism!!!! So the teacher told us that whenever the malays ask what we were doing next time, we just have to say that we panggil hantu and then brag about how many setans we managed to play with. Then the malays would run for their lives and sleep in the mosque for the next few months.

Man this is fun. Even the last time I went for CF and was carrying my Bible and my malay friends asked what is that? I answered kitab kafir. Man I wasted my chance. I should have said it was some haunted book from Romania, and it will turn you into a vampire if you put 20 black stones and 2 goat heads around it.

Anyway its already 12 and I have to go soon. Luckily the counselling room is just next door. So till next time, Chiao

-Pau-

No comments: